Law governing our function as a credit bureau
Our function as a credit bureau and in processing your information for credit reporting purposes is governed by the NCA.
The NCA promotes transparency and fairness in the access to credit.
It also promotes responsible borrowing by consumers and the protection of consumers against reckless credit granting.
Where do we obtain your information?
As a credit bureau we do not collect your personal information directly from you. To fulfil our duties as a credit bureau we are entitled, by law, to collect your personal information from the following data providers:
- credit providers, whose information we are obliged by the NCA to accept;
- government departments, courts and judicial offices;
- providers of long term and short term insurance;
- fraud investigators;
- educational institutions;
- debt collectors; and
- 4other registered credit bureaux